Join the Fightin’ 5
Are you a resident or employed by the town of Columbia Connecticut?
The Columbia Volunteer Fire Department Needs You!
Firefighters * Apparatus Drivers
Learn to work as a team to protect lives and property. Participate in Department training and State certified programs. Duties include extrication of victims at fires and accidents, water rescue, containment of hazmat incidents, suppression of all types of fires including structure, brush, and vehicle. Assist with medical calls and provide mutual aid to surrounding towns.
Medical * Trauma * Accidents
Be a part of pre-hospital assessment and treatment to stabilize patients and prevent further injury. Learn the skills necessary to report accurately and provide rapid transport. Training is provided for Certified EMT’s (Emergency Medical Technicians) and First Responders (Medical Response Technicians)
The Fire Police protects the members of the Department and community at all types of calls. With additional training, CVFD fire police can join the Tri County fire police to provide services to other communities in our area.
- Join the proud tradition of the CVFD family
- Help your neighbors and community in times of need
- Earn a tax abatement up to $1000/year
- Learn new skills useful in all areas of life
- Receive training and equipment provided at Department cost
- Participate in grant writing and administrative functions of CVFD
WHO WE ARE
- We are your neighbors
- We are medical response technicians, emergency medical technicians, fire police, fire fighters, engineers, instructors, and apparatus drivers
- We range in age from 16 years to 65+ years
- We are women and men
- Last year we responded to 540 calls for EMS, fire and fire related, and mutual aid
- Last year we spent 1300 hours in training and drills
- We are all volunteers
If you are interested in joining, please fill out the form below and provide your name, email address and a contact phone number so that we can reach you.